What is a Microgrid and Solar Microgrid?
Microgrids are a way for multi-tenanted buildings to get access to cheaper energy by pooling the collective energy use of all tenants and common areas together under a ‘gate meter’.
The ‘gate meter’ enables the building to purchase energy at a cheaper rate as it has access to greater buying power.
A Solar Microgrid has the same benefits and features of a Microgrid, but incorporates the use of a solar energy system.
Features & Benefits
Microgrid and Solar Microgrid Benefits
* Benefit applies to Solar Microgrids only
1. Install and maintain all equipment.
2. Customer service and support.
3. Guarantees energy will always be cheaper than the grid.
1.Provides you with your billing.
* Microgrid Power is a venture partner of Power Save that controls the billing and Microgrid System.
1. Enter into a Microgrid Agreement. Minimum period is 10 years.
2. Execute a rooftop license for the installation and maintenance of an onsite solar power plant.
1. Opt-in to a regular electricity contract (with the ability to opt-out at any time.
Frequently Asked Questions
The embedded Microgrid Network is a private electricity network that is connected to the external electricity ‘grid’ and is also fed from the Solar System which is to be installed on the roof at a multi-tenanted site like a shopping centre, industrial complex etc.
Top-up electricity is purchased from the grid at wholesale rates from an energy retailer to supplement Solar generated electricity. Every tenant’s premises will be connected on the Embedded Microgrid Network, and a ‘smart meter’ will be installed for each tenancy which digitally records data about the combined Grid and wholesale energy consumption.
Reduce your energy costs
Provide us with an energy bill and some details of your business to see how much you could save.